BREAKING BORDERS WITH KATCHIE
Simeka is pleased to have been the key sponsor of BREAKING BORDERS WITH KATCHIE, the solo grand sojourn of Mukhatshelwa “Katchie” Nzama across the African continent. Katchie is a young writer who promotes intra-Africa travel and cultural exchange through her blog “Travels with Katchie”.
Having undertaken a lone pilgrimage from Cape to Cairo (November 2014 to May 2015), she then set her sights on another epic challenge. Katchie “The Solo Wandera” travelled from the most Northern point of Africa, Ras ben Sakka, Tunisia to the most Southern point of Africa, Cape Aghullus, South Africa, a journey undertaken from June to December 2017. The purpose of the project is:
- To educate Africans about Africa
- Document African travel, cultures and heritage from an African’s perspective
- Create content and travel information for what is regarded as a challenging part of Africa to travel
- Visit World Heritage sites
- Documenting the struggles of an African wanting to travel Africa
We are honoured and proud to be associated with such a young and inspiring unofficial ambassador taking the lead in social awareness for a more Pan- African community.
Her accolades vary from being the 3rd youngest winner of the Top 100 Women in Tourism awards (Akwaaba Awards – Nigeria 2017) and being awarded amongst Mail and Guardian’s Top 200 Young SA 2016.