Portfolio

Our strategy is to build a multi-sector, sustainable, black owned and managed private equity firm in Southern Africa. Our interest currently lies in forming partnerships with growth companies that have viable business models, mainly where we can exercise control or significant influence.

KANGALA_FINAL_HIGH_RES

Kangala is an open pit coal mine situated in the Witbank region of Mpumalanga Province, South Africa, and lies 65km east of Johannesburg. Universal Coal owns 70.5% stake in the Kangala mine while Mountain Rush holds the remaining 29.5%. The mine comprises of three areas, namely Wolvenfontein, Middelbult and Modderfontein. The initial pit is expected to deliver an eight and a half year life-of-mine (LOM) with scope to further extend the mine life using additional resources.

http://www.universalcoal.com/our-projects/kangala-thermal-coal/

Wescoal

Wescoal Holdings Limited is a listed entity on the main board of the JSE. The main business of the entity is mining, processing, sale and supply of coal and coal-related products.The company’s mining division consists of three mines/collieries which are Elandspruit, Khanyisa and Intibane, all of which are located in the Mpumalanga province. The company’s trading division consists of Chandler Coal and McPhail.

http://www.wescoal.com/

Specpharm

 

 

Specpharm Holdings is a South African based pharmaceutical company. It was established in April 2007. The Head-office is in Midrand in the Gauteng Province. It has two core business areas. The first primary business area is a manufacturing facility, where it manufactures and packages innovator and Generic products for third party customers. The second is the Commercial business area where it market and sell Generic and Innovator products into South Africa and neighbouring countries.

http://www.specpharm.com/

Ameka Health

 

 

Ameka Health is a joint venture formed between Simeka and Amayeza Abantu Biomedical (Pty) Ltd. The joint venture focuses on the distribution of medical devices into the private and public health sectors in South Africa and the rest of the African continent. Amayeza Abantu Biomedical (Pty) Ltd was established in 1998, and over the years, the company has developed substantially becoming a leading provider of cardiology and other medical device solutions in Africa.

Mutodo

 

 

Mutodo is a subsidiary of Simeka Capital Holdings. Mutodo has strategic relationships with various companies across South Africa with a specialised skill-set and opportunities across various disciplines. The company is focused on property investment opportunities, development of properties as well as end-to-end property related services in its range of identified markets. The targeted opportunities are a combination of existing buildings as well as greenfield developments.